Translate

Sunday, December 1, 2013

It is officially the start of the European Christmas season.

Hey guys!

So it's been nigh on two weeks that I haven't given you guys updates, but I've been busy with school and every day life as it were. Which is weird when I think about it, because before I came here I had this whole vision of Rotary exchange by other students that all said things like "Yeah I didn't do any school work and just fooled around in class and yada yada yada.." you get the picture. So it came as a surprise when I actually found out that I was actually going to do the work. (Most of the time.) Of course, it was my decision whether or not to do the work but I figured since I'm spending a ridiculous amount of time in the classroom anyway, why not?

In my last update I asked you for some stereotypes of Canada for my presentation, so thanks to those of you who pulled through and gave me some ideas! The presentation went really well, even though there were some hilarious questions that were asked. You can message me if you want to know, but it was fun. I'm really just at ease with myself in that class, probably because there's only myself and Pierre (who happens to have a beard.) that are the only guys in the class. I don't know why but I just find it easier to be at ease with females rather than males. Weird. ANYWHO, the presentation was really fun and I'm really happy to have done it with that specific class. Euro Anglais represent!

Has anyone heard of the book Fahrenheit 451? Apparently it's a classic in English literature but I've never heard of it. We're reading it in one of my classes, so I just figured I'd put the question out there.

Another thing that's super adorable and cute and I couldn't resist putting it in here: The Marchés de Noel!
I literally cannot describe how amazing they are. If you ever get the chance to go to a real European Marché de Noel, do it. (For all you Canadians who don't want to/can't go to Europe there are several in Quebec that are probably the same type of thing.) So far I've only been to two (Treves or Triers in Germany, and Metz) but I'm kinda planning on going to Strasbourg to see that one, and then next weekend is another student gathering in Nancy, so there's probably going to be something there as well. BUT I'M SO HAPPY TO BE SEEING THESE THINGS they're literally so precious. Okay, they're not much in the way of little boutiques and things, but you just grab a hot drink and wander around the little shops and things and mingle and be happy and WHY DON'T WE HAVE THIS IN CANADA?!? (Aside from Quebec, well understood.)

So there you go, a little update on all things Niklas exchange, feel free to leave comments or questions or anything you feel like leaving.

Gros bisous, Muah!

P.S Just a little side note because this could be a potential catastrophe, my computer's memory has like 3 gigs of free space. I'm freaking out just a tad.

1 comment:

  1. Oh you just skipped our awesome afternoon in Thionville. Thanks mate

    ReplyDelete