Translate

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

UPDATES ON MY LIFE. if you want them. You're not obligated to read.

SO HELLO EVERYONE, it's been a while, no? I feel like it hasn't been, but perhaps y'all feel differently. My last post was about vacation, and what happened then. Nothing really major has happened in my life since then, other than last weekend which was another Rotary weekend with all the students from the Lorraine region!

Let's just say exchange students are always having fun. I skipped school (with permission of course!) to go to the rotary weekend, and hangout with the other kids. The day started out with me getting lost. WHAT A GREAT WAY TO START THE DAY RIGHT?! But no it was actually fun. Yet I still got to the Centre Pompidou Metz a little bit early actually (read: half an hour, during which I went to a cafe for a coffee) and we all saw an exposition of some painter. Couldn't tell you his name for the life of me, it was that exciting (read: horribly boring). After that we ate, which is always the best part of a rotary get together. Because who doesn't like to eat? And then we had two games of laser tag. Which, let's be honest, is super fun. So yeah, that happened. Then we ate some more, even though it was desert kinda (mcdonalds mcflurries).

Then my councillor drove me back to his house because my host family was in Lille for the weekend for a birthday party. So I stayed at my councillors house the whole weekend and that was fun.

Voila! There's some updates on my life. Hope everyone's doing well at home!

Bisous!
NIKLAS PIZZOLITTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO


P.S: I'm working on a powerpoint about Canada, and stereotypes so if you have any you wanna share, put them in the comments below! Much obliged!


3 comments:

  1. Canadian people are suuuuuuuuper polite, they love ice-hockey (are there any other sports in Canada than ice-hockey??), tim hortons, maple suryp (? i dunno how to write that word ahahaa) on everything.. what else. YOU SAY "EH" !!! hahaha

    and oh if you ever feel like doing a favor for me i would appreciate if you'd share any stereotypes of finnish people. I need them too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm Canadian stereotypes... or maybe these are more symbols .. but here goes The Beaver, Roots Canada, The Bluenose, Igloos, Inuksuk’s, Teepees, totem poles, Mounties, The Maple leaf… Ice Hotel,
    hey am I doing your homework here ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like everyone is mis-representing Canadians here, let's not forget the lovely stereotypes from our neighbours, the Americans.
    1. Canadians ride polar bears to school.
    2. We say 'eh' every two words.
    3. We pronouce 'about' as 'a boot'.
    4. All Canadians live in igloos.
    5. At anytime during the year you can cross over from the states and go skiing in Canada, particularly during the summer.
    6. Our money is actually monopoly money, which with the new bills (that you have yet to see) is actually not helping our case at all as our new bills tear in cold weather, genius I know.
    7. We ONLY drink beer.
    8. We live on back bacon and maple syrup (sadly not true).
    9. There are other sports in Canada, in fact our national sport is Lacrosse.
    10. Our favourite fashion accessory is the toque.
    11. It is not winter time 11 months of the year.
    12. We don't all know each other.
    13. We are really polite though.
    XOXO,
    NAD.

    ReplyDelete