Translate

Thursday, September 5, 2013

School.

There's really no other way to put this. School sucks, universally.

I find it's really difficult in France because the rhythm changes so frequently, and so quickly it's really hard to keep up. All my courses are quite difficult as well, but that'll come with time. FRENCH SCHOOL IS SO LONG. THE HOURS ARE RIDICULOUS. I have classes that start at 8AM every day, which means I wake up at 6 AM to shower and get ready and things, and my classes finish at either 5 or 6 PM most days, with the exception of Wednesday, Monday, and Saturday; yes I have to go to school on Saturdays. I really don't like that, but I don't have the right to complain, I'm a Rotary Youth Exchange Student, I accept what's given to me with a good attitude no matter what. Or else.

All my classmates are really helpful though, and it's been really interesting integrating myself into this group of kids that's known each other for years now. I think watching people interact socially is really quite interesting, so that part is fun. Lycée Fabert itself is a really nice school, as in the building itself, but the only downside (here's my North American side kicking in) is that they don't have AC. And it gets HOT in those classrooms. It's really not the best learning environment, because you're not concentrated on what the teacher is saying, you're only concentrated on how hot the damn classroom is. How hot the damn classroom is. How hot the damn classroom is. How hot the freaking classroom is. How much I'd kill for a glass of water right now. How hot is this damn classroom. Oh my goodness, I'm sweating. I can't deal with this heat. What did the teacher say? Oh he was talking to me. QUICK PRETEND YOU DIDN'T UNDERSTAND.

The above is a quick snapshot into my thoughts during class, especially philosophy... of which I have eight hours a week... as apart of my 32 hour school week... I might not return to Canada guys, fair warning.
All French Lycée students are dying a slow painful death.

SIGNING OFF,
NIKLAS PIZZOLITTO.

or Nicolas or Kneeklas as I'm known here.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Kneeklas,
    Suck it up! Your in France! Most of us would give our right arm to be in your position at your age. Think of your options this past summer, sitting in your corner of the office, hitting computer keys all day, listening to the mantra of the "old ladies of the office" (OLO) "Are you cold? I'm freezing, my feet are cold. Let's turn the A/C off" 20 minutes later you hear, "I'm having a hot flash, turn the A/C on" Monday when I pull my sweater around my shoulders I will try and absorb some of the cold air and send it to you telepathically!
    Au Revoir
    your olo friend at RHC



    ReplyDelete
  2. :D I finally made myself to check out your blog and I think I like this. And yeah, I totally agree with this whole text. Damn you French school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there. Sounds like an amazing opportunity.

    David Mady

    ReplyDelete